WordPress Developer Intern
As a member of Idea Theorem, you will have the opportunity to work on some of the most complex challenges in Web Developing today. You will be part of a growing team, creating world-class digital products and websites for some of the largest companies in North America.The WordPress Developer role, you will be working under the guidance of the Lead Web Developer.
In this role you will be developing Accessible Custom WordPress Themes from scratch using Underscores or any other accessible starter WordPress theme.
As a WordPress theme developer, you should be well versed in the entire development lifecycle with an eye for turning wireframes and mockups into effective user experiences. It is also your responsibility to create a user manual and provide user training upon website deployment.
Deploying, maintaining the existing websites, adding functionality to existing features, developing new features, documenting bugs and fixes along the way are a part of your responsibility. You should also ensure that the website is fast and secure upon deployment.
Required Technical Skills & Knowledge
- CSS & SCSS
- Knowledgeable in integrating Accessibility into the theme
- Source control management using Github
- Familiarity with CPanel
- Mobile-first approach in development
- Knowledgeable in using Advanced Custom Fields
- Custom WordPress Theme Development using Underscores theme
- Familiarity with developing and consuming REST APIs.
- Aptitude to build and integrate theme components following best practices for reusability.
Nice to have
- Bootstrap/Foundation or other CSS Frameworks
- Knowledge in using Figma
- Knowledge in using JIRA Software
- Knowledge in using Photoshop
- A scaling design agency with a variety of challenging and compelling projects
- Growth opportunities in a matrixed management environment
- Opportunities for professional development such as conferences, seminars, and educational courses
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Team building events and lunches
- Flexible health and wellness benefit
- Maternity/Paternity benefit
Apply For This Job